Answered By: Jeffrey Orrico Last Updated: Feb 01, 2017 Views: 23
The State of Connecticut publishes the Statewide Bicycle Map. The web site is currently undergoing maintenance (13 Sept. 2013). You may be able to find a print copy of the map at a local bike shop or public library.
MapMyRide publishes Bridgeport Cycling Trails (on and off road), including Fairfield trails, submitted by their members.
Some helpful print guides (available in area public libraries) include:
- Bike Paths of Connecticut: A Guide to Rail-trails & Other Car-free Places, by Stuart Johnstone.
- Short Bike Rides in Connecticut, by Edwin Mullen and Jane Griffith.
- Connecticut by bicycle: Fifty Great Scenic Routes, by Frederick John Lamp.
- Back road Bicycling in Connecticut : 32 Scenic Rides on Country Lanes and Dirt Roads, by Andi Marie Cantele.
Here are two guides to bike trails throughout New England:
- Moon New England Biking: More Than 100 of the Best Rides for Road, Mountain, and Cyclocross Biking, by Chris Bernard.
- Best Bike Rides New England, by Paul Thomas.
Since road and trail conditions may have changed, check with your local bike shop.