Answered By: Jeffrey Orrico
Last Updated: Apr 13, 2017     Views: 33

Our library offers trademark research and resource services through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's PTRC (Patent and Trademark Resource Center). Our services are designed to support the researcher's efforts to conduct self-directed and preliminary research.

Your question calls for an attorney's professional opinion and advice, after confidential consultation concerning the specifics of your situation. We do not provide legal analysis or advice for individuals. For legal advice, please consider contacting an attorney who specializes in intellectual property.  The University of Connecticut School of Law now offers an Intellectual Property Legal Clinic that may be able to assist you (email: You may find resources on the USPTO website helpful in planning your best course of action, including these pages:

For more information, please see our Patent & Trademarks LibGuide or contact 


Ask Us

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.