Q. How can I print in the library?
Is there a charge for printing? If so how does that work?
Yes, you can print documents at the library from the terminals at the library computer kiosks.
If you are paying for your print job with your SHU ID card, use the Mac computers (see Mac-specific instructions) or the PCs
- Log onto the computer with your SHU username & password.
- Print to - Lib-STU - (the Ricoh printer/copier at the left end of the Circulation desk, next to the Starbucks café).
- Retrieve, print, and pay for your print job by swiping your SHU ID card in the card reader attached to the printer. The charge is 6 cents per page for black and white or 33 cents per page for color.
If you are paying cash for your print job, use any of the PCs or Macs in the library
- Print to - LIB-REF-01- Cash Printer - (the printer at the check-out counter of the Circulation desk).
- Library staff will retrieve your print job. The charge is 10 cent per page for black and white. Color is not available on the cash printer
Still having trouble? Try viewing our short video tutorials on printing in the library:
Please also note that documents cannot be saved to the library computers. If you need to edit a document, you will need to save to a flash drive.